Privacy and Compliance
We respect and understand the rights of every person that we speak to, either as a donor or as a client.
We urge you to get in touch if you have any concerns about your privacy or the treatment of confidential information.
Our commitment to privacy
At Clever Contacts privacy is a priority. We observe our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, as well other relevant State legislation, when dealing with your personal information. This policy sets out how we will collect, use, store, disclose and de-identify your personal information.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect may be:
- Name, address, telephone numbers, email, and other personal information
- Donation history
- Other information relevant to the charity/non-profit/club
- Your preferred payment method and payment information
The types of sensitive information we collect include records of communication between us, which may include from time to time, information you provide us or we collect form others. This includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
- Date of birth
- Donation history
- How we communicate with you from time to time (for example, by phone, email or SMS)
- Any relevant information we obtain from you, or from another about you
Why we collect private information about you
Our organisation involves assisting charities, clubs and non-profit organisations in fundraising. This means we identify potential donors to charities or non-profit organisations, or converse with club members or potential members and contact them seeking their support and assistance for our clients. We collect information about our clients’people to provide our services to our clients.
We do not use the information we collect for any purpose other than fundraising for the charity or non-profit, or information collection for clubs. We only collect the information we need to deliver the agreed upon service to the organisation with which we have engaged. This includes processing donations, providing receipts, forwarding updated details of our clients’ donors or supporters and any further information that they ask us to collect. We may be requested by our client to send information or further communications on their behalf.
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- For the immediate reason for which you have provided it to us (for example, to enable us to process your request, payment, registration, membership, subscription, etc.)
- Any other purpose related to our work and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law)
We only disclose your information to the charity or non-profit organisation for whom we represent at the time of collecting your information, and do not sell or disclose this information to any other person or agency. There are instances where we may be legally required to disclose your information to a specific person/agency.
How we collect and use your information
We collect personal information about supporters of those charities and non-profit organisations for whom we represent. We collect information in the following ways:
- Electronically (website and email)
- During phone calls
- In voice recordings
- From forms, coupons and other correspondence (both in writing and electronically).
We only use your personal information for the reason we collect it as set out above and for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by law. We will disclose the information we collect to the charity, non-profit or club for whom we represent or as required by law.
Accessing and altering your personal information
You can access your information by asking us. If you find inaccuracies in your information we will correct these at your request. Where the access to your information may jeopardise the privacy of another, or force an unlawful action, we may need to refuse your request. We will need to verify your identity before discussing any information that we have in our possession about you.
Complaints or queries about your privacy
If you are concerned about how we have collected or managed your personal information we request you:
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone us: (07) 3188 7653
- Write to us: Clever Contacts, 25/27 South Pine Road, Brendale QLD 4500
We may request further information from you about your complaint in order to address it accurately.
Please allow us approximately 5 business days to address your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with how we have addressed your complaint you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au. The OAIC is a government body independent of us. It has the power to investigate complaints about possible interference with your privacy.
Disclosure and Security
We use an overseas facility to ensure a secure transfer of information between us and our clients. This is an encrypted service and further information on their security measures can be requested if desired.
We may take steps to:
- Protect it against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure
- Permanently de-identify personal information where reasonable and possible
- Delete or destroy personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to retain it.
It is your right to be dealt with anonymously, provided that is it lawful and practicable. We will try to accommodate a request for anonymity wherever possible, however we note that in some circumstances, this may prevent us from practically and effectively communicating with you. If this is the case we will notify you.